ACADEMIC POLICIES & PRACTICES
Institute reflects the uniqueness of the traditional land-grant institution combining teaching, research, service and overall development of student. We offer bachelors , masters, and doctoral level degrees that are compatible with the times to all qualified and capable individuals who are interested in further developing their technical, scientific, professional, and scholastic skills and competencies. We provide an educational environment for the emergence of scholars, scientists, leaders, critical thinkers, and other contributors to a global society.
We are committed to:
(1) Excellence in education and the creation of a scholarly environment in which inquiring and discriminating minds are nourished;
(2) Education of students for effective participation in local, state, regional, national, and international societies;
(3) search for new knowledge through research and its applications;
(4) Provision of including topics out of syllabus boundaries designed to meet changing needs of the larger technical domain.
(5) Program of Earn and Learn to address adequately the needs and problems of capable students who have experienced limited access to education; and NSS program to extend the services to the society.
(6) Integration of state–of-the-art technology in all aspects of Students with the state-of-art laboratories.
For classroom experience to be effective, it should represent a partnership between student and instructor. Each faculty member, in conducting classes, exhibit high standards of professional behavior, through knowledge, personal integrity and enthusiasm for the profession of teaching. More specifically, each faculty has a responsibility to students to:
1.Provide, at the first meeting of class, a clear statement of specific course objectives and the manner in which they are to be attained.
2. Clearly identify and explain evaluation and grading procedures, including:
a. The schedule for examinations.
b. Grading system and method of determining the final grade.
3. Exercise care in the organization and presentation of all materials to attain the stated instructional objectives.
4. Utilize the allotted time efficiently, maintaining course integrity.
5. Arrive promptly at all scheduled classes. If absence is anticipated the class should be informed in advance of arrangements.
6. Grade and return examinations within a reasonable period of time.
7. Faculty takes students off-campus on field trips for any academically oriented purpose .
The Academic Advising Program facilitates the planning for successful educational goals which contribute to student success , assisted in setting and meeting their educational goals, help students make optimal career choices through the training and placement Services.
The specific objectives of the teacher guardian are as follows:
1. To assist students in developing educational programs which are consistent with their academic skills, interests and career goals;
2. To help students become knowledgeable of the educational requirements, policies and procedures, and regulations of the University;
3. To assist students in minimizing academic frustrations by providing orientation to college life activities;
4. To aid students in a periodic evaluation of their progress toward achievement of educational goals; and
5. To assist students in the completion of requirements for entry into degree-granting programs of their choice.
· Library resources are adequate and up-to-date for each of the areas of specialization offered. Faculty and students are aware of and use the resources of the library.
· Adequate provision is made for student follow-up. Student self-appraisal are encouraged and guided. Provision are made for student pre-professional involvement, address the needs of students at all points on the educational ladder (remedial, average, and excellent).
· Student clubs are formed for each department. Under the student organization students are arranging the various technical events like expert lectures, exhibitions, paper presentation and many more. Also they arrange co-curricular activities like group discussion, Debate, Quiz, career development program for overall development of students.
· We provide Tutor scheme for Academic Advice as it is highly essential to the accomplishment of the mission. Every student has the benefit of a continuous program of personalized academic advice by a qualified faculty member. All faculty members share in the responsibility of providing advice and guidance to students on an individual basis as assigned. Institute always insure that each student is assigned a faculty advisor .
· Along with the course we teach to the SE &TE students one subject other than curriculum in each semester for improving their skills to be fit in industries. For BE students special training and placement programs conducted in campus throughout the academic year.
· We evaluate the students by continuous assessment throughout the semester with monthly test, practical performance and skills, regularity and presentations.
· To improve academic performance of individual faculty mid-semester feedback forms are filled by students and evaluated by the respective heads.
· Faculty development programs are arranged yearly for motivation and enhancing the technical and teaching skills.
· At the start of semester clear statement of specific course objectives and the manner in which they are to be attained is specified to the students. Clearly identify and explain evaluation and grading procedures, including: The schedule for examinations. Grading system and method of determining the final grade.
· Internal evaluation of Post Graduate students is done with the help of internal test, seminars, presentations, assignments, software skills paper published and conferences and seminars, STTP attained by them.
· Beside academics various courses and seminars are arranged for PG students for inculcating the research orientation in them.
· All PG projects are extension of paper published in reputed journals.